Your first visit to our office will include a thorough examination and in-depth consultation so that we may understand your needs or wishes and discuss with you your treatment options.* If you have an emergency we will treat it during your first visit.
Your initial appointment will include:
- Taking any necessary x-rays and photographs;
- Performing an examination of your teeth and gums;
- Discussing your dental concerns or preferences; and
- Offering consultation and treatment planning.
*If there is a complex medical history or complicated dental problem, it may require a more extensive evaluation and work up and a second consultation appointment. Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your initial appointment:
- Any dental records and x-rays that you may have. If your records and x-rays are at another office, we would be happy to call them and have them sent to us;
- A list of all medications you are currently taking; and
- If you have medical or dental insurance, please bring with you all the necessary completed forms.
Please let us know if you have a medical condition that may be of concern such as artificial heart valves and joints, mitral valve prolapse, rheumatic fever, diabetes, high blood pressure, or if you are on any medication such as heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.
Remember, please, that a parent or guardian must accompany all patients under 18 during the first visit.